- NOVEL STUDIES316316 products
- SOCIAL STUDIES9292 products
- FREE Samples88 products
- FINANCIAL LITERACY99 products
- INDIVIDUAL PACKETS FOR NOVEL STUDIES410410 products
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS (ELA)88 products
- MATH1111 products
- CUSTOM BUNDLES33 products
- FREE DOWNLOADS2525 products
(Toggle fullscreen for larger view)
Complete Nebraska State Study Unit Bundle
Nebraska State Study Unit, which works for both print and Google Drive™, is a thorough state study of Nebraska including eleven bundled units.
Nebraska State Study Bundle, which works for both print and Google Drive™, is a complete bundle to use for your state study for Nebraska. This unit has everything you need to cover the entire study of Nebraska. It is aligned with the newly adopted 2019 Nebraska State Social Studies Standards for 4th grade.
This download contains both a printable format as well as a Google Drive™ format and includes the following sections:
- Section 1: Maps: location within the United States, surrounding states, populous cities, regions, waterways/aquifer, and weather.
- Section 2: State Symbols and Government: flag, seal, state symbols (bird, tree, etc), federal government representatives, state representatives, introduction to the Unicameral, and the steps of how a bill becomes a law.
- Section 3: Notable People, Places, and Facts: notable Nebraskans, places of interest, and fun facts about the state.
- Section 4: Prehistoric Nebraska: vocabulary, Ashfall Fossil Beds, animals in Nebraska during the Ice Age, and first humans in Nebraska.
- Section 5: Indigenous Peoples of Nebraska: historical tribes of Nebraska, a study of an Earthlodge, Earthlodge vs. Tipi, investigate the many uses of the bison, learn about the Ponce Trail of Tears, the Trial of Standing Bear, and the Dawes Act of 1887.
- Section 6: Lewis and Clark: location and exploration of the Louisiana Purchase, map the journey, investigate supplies needed for the journey, a timeline of the journey, journal the journey, and impact of the exploration.
- Section 7: Settlement and Oregon Trail: first settlers, map the Oregon Trail, investigate reasons for traveling the Oregon Trail, research supplies needed for the journey, hardships endured, journal the journey, and the Mormon Trail.
- Section 8: Road to Statehood: the Kansas-Nebraska Act, the Homestead Act, housing on the prairie, life of a pioneer child, the impact of the railroad to NE, and NE becomes a state.
- Section 9: 1870-20th Century: The Age of Progressivism: suffrage, prohibition, race relations, Native Americans, child labor, worker's rights, election reforms, political reforms, and anti-monopoly reforms.
- Section 10: World War II and the Cold War: Includes 2 informational articles along with activities touching on Nebraska's role in World War II, the Cold War, and the role of SAC and STRATCOM.
- Section 11: Major Industries: crops, livestock, and other important NE industries.
Each unit includes:
- Cover sheet for the notebook
- Information on how and why to use Interactive Notebooks
- Links to helpful online resources.
- Informational Slideshow Presentation to use for instruction. (both PDF and Google Slides formats)
- Guide with a link to Google Drive file and instructions on how to use it.
- Alternate IntelliNotes™ printable format
- Teacher Directions
- Tutorials for the foldable activities
- Answer keys for all included activities
- Checklist for the alignment to the 4th grade Nebraska State Social Studies Standards adopted in 2019.
→Please check out the sample to see examples of everything included in this download. This download includes a zip file containing 23 PDF files (11 units, 11 slideshows, and 1 intro/directions).
→Please click the link to each individual product title to see a more in-depth description for each unit as well as a preview file for each unit. Try a free sample activity from this bundle here: Growing Nation US History Oregon Trail Mapping Activity Sample.
© Google Inc. All rights reserved. Google and the Google Logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc. The Teaching Bank® is an independent company and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Google Inc.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.